|> Solutions > ORCA Financial Features Summary
ORCA Financial Features Summary
- Alpha OpenVMS V7.2.1
- Microsoft Windows 9x, NT4 SP4+, 2000, and XP
- Red Hat Linux
- Three stage transactional data commit sequence.
- Database shadowing options.
- Cluster support.
- On-line database backup and recovery including journal file recovery.
- Optional independent object, print and data server configuration possible.
- Full system audit trail for all financial updates.
- User definable audit profiles allow monitoring of Read/Write/Delete actions on all data.
- Security profiles allow for the creation and manipulation of user groups to control application access and permissions.
- Business to business document exchange.
- Browser based access with full keystroke compatibility.
- Terminal based access for most VT200+ compliant emulation.
- ODBC/SQL access.
- Hot-Date codes for ease of date entry, e.g. T for today, EM for end
- Hot-Calc feature allows for Excel style entry in all numeric fields,
- Hot-Find on all lookup enabled input fields (including menus) allows
for customisable data lookup, with additional
- Hot-Key searching (type a single character to zoom to the first column
- Hot-Search extended search features in all list views.
- Context sensitive hover help with extended help on <F1>.
- Help manual browsing available with optional drill down to example
report outputs and screen shots (Web only).
- Hot-Launch for one click common menu access.
- Personal preferences for locale settings and application behaviour.
- XML based web interface.
- Document based transaction entry allowing easy correction to processed
- Real time processing with financial updates controlled by background
- Independent print manager(s) controlling detached printing through
- Ability to import data from existing legacy applications.
- Independent application design allowing for software updates without
loss of user specific business rules, forms, etc.
- Unlimited user definable Caché script for all field validation and
data reads, writes and deletes.
- Unlimited user definable data fields available for site modifications.
- Form designer allowing for unlimited creation and modification of
forms. System forms supplied are available for copy.
- Rule designer allowing for specification of business rules defining
document creation phases and the financial entries consequent upon document
- Standard reports supplied using Crystal Report writer allowing for
creation and modification of additional or custom versions.
- Hot-Graph allowing for the direct graphical presentation of data,
e.g. account summary data.
- Custom number range suite allowing for generated account numbers and
all document generation.
- Unlimited user notes on all accounts and documents.
- Hot-Sync allowing for synchronising of data between companies within
a given domain.
- Inter-Company processing tasks may be automated for convenience.
- Unlimited account indexes for query selection.
- Multiple language specifications allowing global implementation. Multiple
language display for all form and menu prompts and help, and support
for multiple language names on most data objects, e.g. accounts, codes,
- Multiple currency definitions allowing global implementation.
- Multiple date format specifications allowing global implementation.
- HTML or Excel exposure and auto-email feature of all reports for off-line
- Full interface functionality with Direct Access, Web, ODBC/SQL, ActiveX,
- Full object design with published object library and application API's.